Asian Pork Meal
Asian Pork Meal is an easy recipe for a delicious Chinese style meal. Ingredients include: Pork tenderloin, bok choy, carrots, garlic and cashews. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sodium, low carbohydrates, low sugars, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (6) PointsPlus, (6 SmartPoints) recipe. Makes (4) servings. Asian Pork Meal will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 40 Minutes.
Total Time: 55 Minutes.
1/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
1 tbsp minced gingerroot
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp lite soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
1-1/2 cups petite-size baby carrots
(1 lb) small baby bok choy, cut lengthwise in half
2 tbsp chopped cashews
Hot cooked rice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425º F.
2. Mix first 5 ingredients until blended.
3. Cook meat in a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until evenly browned, turning occasionally. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until done (145º F.), brushing with 1 Tbsp. of the salad dressing mixture for the last 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add in the carrots and remaining salad dressing mixture to skillet; cover. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add in the bok choy; cook, covered, 12 to 13 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Remove meat from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 3 minutes. Transfer meat to a cutting board; slice meat.
6. Place vegetables on a platter; top with meat, cooking juices from the skillet and the nuts. Serve with hot cooked rice if desired.
YIELD: 4 servings.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 6, (6 SmartPoints)
Carb Choices: 1
2 Vegetable + 3 Meat (L) + 1 Fat
Calories: 230, Total Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 440mg, Sugars: 7g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 25g, Vitamin A: 230 %DV, Vitamin C: 45 %DV, Calcium: 15 %DV, Iron: 15 %DV
Original recipe and image from: Kraft Foods. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/asian-pork-tenderloin-baby-bok-choy-185112.aspx
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points, PointsPlus and SmartPoints are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
IMPORTANT: This site is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.