Cherry Muffins is an easy recipe for a dessert or snack which takes just over (1 hour) to make. Ingredients include sweet cherries and cream cheese for muffins both adults and kids will love. Suggested uses: Halloween parties, holiday crowds, birthday parties or events. This is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (5 SmartPoints), (4 PointsPlus) recipe. Makes: (12) muffins. Cherry Muffins will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes.
Total Time: 45 Minutes + Cooling time.
(1-2 lb) fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries, pitted
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
1 large egg
2 cups self-rising flour, sifted
1 cup skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a 12 cup size muffin tin with paper liners. Lightly spray liners with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Set aside 12 cherries. Chop remaining cherries. Place cherries on a paper towel to drain.
3. Beat margarine and cream cheese together at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add in sweetener, beating well. Add egg beating until blended.
4. Add flour to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Do not over beat. Stir in chopped cherries. Spoon one tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup. Place a cherry in the center of each cup. Top with remaining batter, filling muffin cups three-fourths full.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.
Yield: 12 Muffins.
Serving Size: 1 Muffin per serving.
Weight Watchers (5 SmartPoints), (4 PointsPlus)
Carb Choices: 1-1/2
Calories: 150, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 20mg, Sodium: 340mg, Sugars: 5g, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 4g
Original recipe and image from: Heartland Food Products Group, LLC. https://www.splenda.com/recipes/cheery-cherry-muffins-recipe
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points, PointsPlus and SmartPoints are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
IMPORTANT: This site is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.