Easy Applesauce Cake
Easy Applesauce Cake is a delicious dessert recipe that takes less than (1) hour from start to finish. It’s well-spiced with cinnamon, ginger, molasses with egg substitute, low calorie margarine and unsweetened applesauce to keep it healthy. This is also a low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, low sugars, diabetic-friendly, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (6 SmartPoints), (5 PointsPlus) recipe. Use it as a snack, dessert or breakfast/brunch option. Makes: (8) servings. Easy Applesauce Cake will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup reduced-calorie margarine
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup granulated no-calorie sweetener
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Whipped Topping, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Spray an 8″ x 8″ metal cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the margarine and molasses with an electric mixer on high speed for approximately (1) minute.
5. Add egg substitute and vanilla and blend on high speed for (30) seconds. Mixture will be liquidy.
6. Add in the sweetener and beat on medium speed until very smooth, approximately (1-1/2) minutes.
7. Add flour mixture and applesauce; beat on low speed until mixed, approximately (45) seconds.
8. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake for (30) minutes. Cut into (8) equal sized portions. Top with whipped topping if desired.
Yield: 8 Servings.
Weight Watchers (6 SmartPoints), (5 PointsPlus)
Carb Choices: 1-1/2
Calories: 170, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 260mg, Sugars: 10g, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 4g
Original recipe and image from: Heartland Food Products Group, LLC. https://www.splenda.com/recipes/applesauce-snacking-cake-recipe
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points, PointsPlus and SmartPoints are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
IMPORTANT: This site is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.