Easy Pear Crisp
Easy Pear Crisp is a delicious dessert topped with caramel sauce and whipped topping. It is also a generally healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (5) PointsPlus recipe. Only 15 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes of cooking time. Makes 8 Servings. Easy Pear Crisp will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour-10 Minutes
Non-stick cooking spray
1/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp cold butter, cut up
15 vanilla wafers, coarsely crushed (about 2/3 cup)
4 large bosc or anjou pears, peeled, sliced in 1/2″ thick slices.
1 tbsp milk
3/4 cup thawed light whipped topping
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. Combine oats and sugar in a medium size bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs.
3. Place pears in a 1-1/2 quart casserole sprayed with cooking spray; top with crumb mixture.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pears are tender and topping is golden brown. Cool 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile microwave caramels and milk in a small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after 1 minute.
6. Drizzle with the caramel sauce just before serving; top with the whipped topping.
YIELD: 8 Servings.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup per serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 5
Carb Choices: 2-1/2
1-1/2 Starch + 1 Fruit + 1/2 Fat
Calories: 200, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 10mg, Sodium: 95mg, Sugars: 25g, Carbohydrates: 36g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 2g, Vitamin A: 2 %DV, Vitamin C: 4 %DV, Calcium: 4 %DV, Iron: 4 %DV
Original recipe and image from Kraft Foods. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/caramel-pear-crisp-137055.aspx
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.