Grilled Salmon Dinner
Grilled Salmon Dinner is a delicious, Italian-style seafood salad recipe made with fresh salmon filets. This recipe includes a made from scratch, Lemon Vinaigrette. Salad ingredients include: salmon, salad greens, potatoes, green beans, olives and boiled eggs. This is also a healthy, low calories, low sugars, low carbohydrates, low sodium, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (8 SmartPoints), (7 PointsPlus) recipe. Makes (6) servings. Grilled Salmon Dinner will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: About 40 minutes.
Cooking Time: About 20 Minutes.
Total Time: About 1 Hour.
2 (4-5 oz) fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets
8 tiny new potatoes
(8 oz) fresh green beans, trimmed
1/4 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
Nonstick cooking spray
6 cups torn mixed salad greens
8 grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup snipped fresh chives
4 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
1/4 cup nicoise olives, pitted, and/or other pitted olives
1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette (below)
1. Thaw salmon, if frozen. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. Cut a strip around the center of each potato. In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough lightly salted boiling water to cover for 10 minutes. Add in the green beans. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until potatoes and beans are tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water to cool quickly; drain again. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, measure thickness of salmon fillets. Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper seasoning. Lightly coat both sides of salmon fillets with cooking spray.
3. For a charcoal grill, preheat to medium heat. Place filets directly over coals and cook uncovered 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once halfway through grilling if fish is over 3/4 inch thick. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place salmon fillets on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Cut salmon into (1 oz) serving-size pieces.
4. Line six plates with salad greens. Arrange salmon, potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, chives, eggs, and olives on greens. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette.
1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1. In a screw-top jar, combine lemon peel, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Cover and shake well.
Yield: 6 Servings.
(1 oz) cooked salmon, 2/3 of an egg + 1 cup salad greens + 3/4 cup vegetables, and about 1-1/2 Tbsp vinaigrette.
Weight Watchers (8 SmartPoints), (7 PointsPlus)
Carb Choices: 1
2 Fat + 1-2 Meat (l) + 2 Vegetable
Calories: 262, Total Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 162mg, Sodium: 221mg, Sugars: 2g, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 14g
Original recipe and image from: Meredith Corporation. http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com/recipe/salads/grilled-salmon-salad-nioise
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points, PointsPlus and SmartPoints are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
IMPORTANT: This site is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.