Healthy Raspberry Cake
Healthy Raspberry Cake is an easy and delicious recipe made from sugar-free store bought ingredients to make it simple to prepare. A possible option for your Easter and/or Christmas dessert. This is a frosted raspberry-mocha (2-layer) cake that takes only (15) minutes to prepare and (25) minutes to bake + refrigeration time for this delicious cake. This is also a low calories, low fat, (NO Cholesterol), low sodium, (NO- Sugars), low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, diabetic-friendly and Weight Watchers (4 SmartPoints), (4 PointsPlus) recipe. Healthy Raspberry Cake will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: About 15 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes.
2 (8 oz) pkgs. sugar-free, low-fat chocolate cake mix
1-1/2 cups strongly brewed chocolate-almond flavored coffee
1/4 cup red raspberry spreadable fruit, melted
2 (0.53 oz) envelopes sugar-free instant cocoa mix
1 (1.3 oz) envelope sugar-free, low-calorie whipped topping mix,
(such as Dream Whip)
1/2 cup cold skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting coffee for water.
3. Pour batter into 2 (8-inch) round cake pans. Bake at 375° F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack.
4. Remove cakes from pans. Poke several holes in each cake layer with a wooden toothpick. Brush warm cake layers with melted raspberry spread. Let cool completely on wire racks.
5. Combine cocoa mix and whipped topping mix in a large bowl. Add milk and vanilla; beat with a mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
6. Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate; top with half of frosting. Top first layer with second cake layer; spread remaining frosting on sides and top of cake. Chill until ready to serve.
Yield: 16 Servings.
Serving Size: (1 slice), 1/16 of recipe.
Weight Watchers (4 SmartPoints), (4 PointsPlus)
Carb Choices: 2
Calories: 133, Total Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 47mg, Sugars: 0g, Carbohydrates: 28g, Fiber: 0.7g, Protein: 2.4g
Original recipe and image from: Oxmoor House. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/raspberry-mocha-cake
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points, PointsPlus and SmartPoints are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.
IMPORTANT: This site is not qualified in nutrition or medicine. Diabetes is a serious disease that requires medical attention by a professional. The recipes on this site should not be taken as medical advice. Always use caution when reading a recipe, and always pay attention to exchange sizes. Blood glucose levels can be affected by not following individual dietary guidelines that are set in place by a medical physician. Some of the recipes do use small amounts of sugar. Please check with your physician first. Recipes with sugar are not suitable for all diabetics.