Hunter-Chicken Dinner is an easy, delicious, hearty and healthy recipe for a full meal which includes chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes and onion in a mushroom sauce served over brown rice. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, vitamin enriched, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Makes 6 servings. Hunter-Chicken Dinner will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes.
Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes.
6 bone-in chicken breast halves, (about 3 lbs), skin removed
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp canola oil
1 large onion, cut in half, sliced (about 1 cup)
1 small red bell pepper, cut into 2″ long strips (about 1 cup)
1 small green bell pepper, cut into 2″ long strips (about 1 cup)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup white wine
1 (14-1/2 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (10 3/4 oz) can Healthy Request® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
3 cups hot cooked brown rice
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Season the chicken with the salt and black pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a 6 quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add in the chicken and cook for 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from pot.
3. Reduce to medium heat. Add in the onions and pepper strips to the pot and cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add in the garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds.
4. Increase heat to medium-high. Add in the wine to saucepot Heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the saucepot. Cook for 1 minute or until the wine is reduced by half.
5. Stir in tomatoes and soup. Return chicken to the saucepot and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and sauce over the rice. Sprinkle with the parsley.
YIELD: 6 Servings.
Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 7
Carb Choices: 2
Calories: 300, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 55mg, Sodium: 490mg, Carbohydrates: 34g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 23g, Vitamin A: 15 %DV, Vitamin C: 100 %DV, Calcium: 6 %DV, Iron: 10 %DV
Original recipe and image from CSC Brands LP. http://www.campbellskitchen.com/recipes/hunter-style-chicken-61492
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.