Portobello Mushroom Burgers
Portobello Mushroom Burgers is an easy and quick (20) minute grilling recipe. This is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy, vegetarian and Weight Watchers (7) PointsPlus recipe. Makes 2 sandwiches. Portobello Mushroom Burgers will be loved by all of your family, friends and guests.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes.
2 tbsp “butter with olive oil & sea salt”
3/4 tsp dried basil leaves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp finely chopped fresh garlic
2 medium size portobello mushrooms (about 4 inches in diameter)
2 onion slices
2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
2 Romaine lettuce leaves
2 tomato slices
1. Preheat gas grill to medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
2. Combine the butter, basil, vinegar and garlic in a small bowl. Brush butter mixture over mushrooms, onion and the cut-sides of buns.
3. Place mushrooms and onions onto the grill. Grill, turning once and brushing with remaining butter mixture, until mushrooms are tender (6 to 8 minutes).
4. Place buns on grill, cut-side down. Grill until toasted (1 to 2 minutes).
5. To serve, place lettuce on grilled bun; add grilled mushroom, tomato and onion slice.
YIELD: 2 Sandwiches. (2 Servings).
Serving Size: 1 sandwich per serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus = 7
Carb Choices: 2
Calories: 250, Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 270mg, Carbohydrates: 30g, Fiber: 5g, Protein: 6g
Original recipe and image from Land O’Lakes, Inc. http://www.landolakes.com/recipe/814/grilled-portabella-mushroom-burgers
DISCLAIMER: WeightWatchers is a registered trademark of WeightWatchers International Inc. Points and PointsPlus are trademarks of WeightWatchers International Inc. Authentic information about the program is only available at your local WeightWatchers meeting. This site is not affiliated with WeightWatchers International in any way and WeightWatchers has not reviewed this site for accuracy or suitability for WW members. Information on this site is based on recollections and assumptions of its author and is not warranted for any purpose by its author. All readers are encouraged to go to a WeightWatchers meeting for actual WW info. This site is presented under the rights of the First Amendment; rights worth fighting for. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues and consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen.